After a week away from the gym it felt good to get back there last night. I honestly enjoy working out, lifting weights, and sweating.
After a long day at work the gym doesn’t always seem like the most appealing thing, but I never regret going! Motion truly does change emotion.
Last night’s workout is one that Kate, Nellie, and I go to when we’re at a loss for a workout, or just really need a quick, simple, no-frills workout that’ll really make you feel the burn. I can’t remember where I found this one. The printout I have is dated 1/26/2010… it’s that good! You ready to feel the burn?
You can do this workout at the gym, at home, or even in a hotel room.
Equipment needed: a set of light and heavier hand weights (we used 5s and 10s) and an exercise ball
Mission: Feel the Burn workout
Circuit: Do each exercise one right after the other with no rest in between
- Split squat overhead press (10 reps on right leg; 10 on left leg)
- Standing side bend (10 holding hand weights in right hand; 10 in left hand)
- Dumbbell boxing (use light weights 1 minute)
- Chatarunga hold (30 seconds)
- Dumbbell Double crunch (use light weights 12 reps)
- Burpees (1 minute)
- V-glutes: Lay on a stability ball with your palms on the floor. The stability ball should be right under your lower stomach and hip bones. Lay where you can balance and still raise your legs. Make sure to squeeze your glutes as you bring you legs up and your feet together. (12 reps)
- Stability ball push up (12 reps)
- Stability ball leg raise (12 reps)
- High knees (1 minute)
Rest 1-2 minutes and the repeat the circuit 2 more times for a total of 3 times.
Good luck! Hope you get nice and sweaty! I’m feeling the burn today… boy how I love sore muscles!🙂